Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them
- Knitting - A book I read made me want to learn to knit, so I did. I'm not very good at it though and it's been a while since I've knitted anything now.
- Learn languages - I'm always wanting to learn other languages, and any time I read a book where a character speaks more than one I think about giving it a go.
- Travel - The great thing about books is that they transport you to other places or worlds. Still, I want to see many of them for real. There are many places I've added to my 'want to visit' list thanks to books.
- Create art - I'm not very creative unfortunately, and often books make me wish I was. Whenever I read books about characters painting, drawing, sculpting, etc, I wish I could do so too.
- Be a Witch & Attend Hogwarts - Yep, anytime I reread Harry Potter I wish again I was a witch and could attend Hogwarts. I'm sure I'm not alone!
- Get heaps of tattoos - Books seem to inspire me to want to get tattoos. I only have one bookish tattoo so far, but I have plans.
- Change my wardrobe - A few times I've read about a character with a great or different fashion sense and I always want to change up my wardrobe afterwards.
- Own many pets to name after fictional characters - It's true, I love so many names that I've read in books that I wish I owned a heap of pets so that I could use the names. Plus, I just want a home full fo pets. Lately I've been wondering if it's possible for me to own an owl...
- Be a writer - I'm sure many of you feel the same way. Books always inspire me to imagine my own stories. Sometimes they play out in my head but I've never actually put pen to paper.
- Read more - I don't just mean in general, but when I read books based on myths or history, I always want to read more about those particular subjects.
The power of books, they inspire in so many ways. What are some things books have made you want to do or learn?