Ten Facts About Me
- I have a pet Westie named Finn - He is my baby and I adore him. He's named after Seamus Finnigan from the Harry Potter series. Mostly because my Dad wanted to call him Finbar because he liked the nickname "Finn" - but Finbar was definitely not working for me, so Finnigan was the next best thing...especially because I had wanted to name him after a fictional character. I'd been leaning towards Ianto from Torchwood.
- I count. A lot. - It's a bit weird, but whenever I'm not occupied in some way, I count. By 1s, 2s, 5s and 10s. I can't really explain it. And it gets weirder. I count running my tongue over my teeth, count on my fingers...it's like it's not just my mind unsettled, I'm doing something physical too. It's like a tic, I guess. It'd probably make more sense if I could show you but it wouldn't be any less weird! I don't even remember when I started doing it.
- I am a book buying addict - I can't not buy books. I have too many to ever get them all read but I still cannot stop buying more.
- I collect Pop! Figurines - I have barely enough space left on my shelves because I keep buying books and yet I still buy all the Pop!s that appeal to me. They're just so cute!
- I'm in a wheelchair - I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I walked - slowly - until I was 11, then I had surgery where steel rods were implanted along my spine to correct scoliosis and I've been in a chair ever since. I'd always known I'd end up in a wheelchair though so it wasn't too huge an impact.
- I'm obsessed with TV and movies - Much like I love books, I love TV and film. I go to the cinema every week to watch new movies, and I have a pile of shows I watch regularly. And there's still plenty more I plan to watch. I like marathoning television shows when I want to be lazy. My favourite show currently on TV is Agents of SHIELD. Cannot wait for the new season!
- I suck at gaming - I like video games and I always want to play more than I do, but I'm just not very good. I usually get stuck and need help to get to a new level or something. The only games I can play well are those like Animal Crossing or The Sims! And I'm not too bad at Mario Kart.
- I wish to travel the world - I've been to places in the US, Canada, China, France, Italy and the UK; and I'm hopefully off to Japan and New Zealand in the near future. There are so many places I want to visit, I wish traveling was easier. And cheaper!
- I'm terrible at keeping in contact with people - I see my friends' updates and whatnot on Facebook, but when it comes to real conversation I'm really bad at keeping in contact. I don't live very close to many of my friends which doesn't help.
- I've tried to learn French a number of times - I've always wanted to learn other languages, French the most, and I have tried - through audiotapes, online lessons, courses at Uni. But I struggle and can't keep it up as much as I need to for it to really sink in. Hopefully one day!
There you go, ten weird and not so interesting facts about me. What did you share about yourself?