Each day of the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon there's a challenge to complete, and today's is 5 Favourites, hosted by Bout of Books.
It's real simple:
Everybody loves sharing favorites and now we're giving you free rein to do just that. Pick the topic of your choice and share your 5 favorite books that fit. Topics could be a favorite genre, a favorite trope, book boyfriends, or ANYTHING. There's no limit to where you can take this!
Easy peasy...once you pick a topic, of course. If you're anything like me you um and ah over many topics first. But I've decided to go with -
5 Favourite Relationships (Couples and Friendships)!
- Harry, Ron & Hermione from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - Of course! I love everything Harry Potter and the friendship between the trio is the best.
- Blue, Gansey, Adam, Ronan & Noah from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater - Blue & the Raven Boys. I love, love, love their friendship. Plus I adore the relationships forming between Blue & Gansey and Adam & Ronan too. I'm a mess for these characters! I have yet to read The Raven King - it's been slowly making it's way to my door and according to tracking it has at last hit Aussie shores, so fingers crossed I have it in my hands real soon!
- Mary & James from The Agency by Y.S. Lee - I adore this series and a big part of that is the relationship that develops between Mary and James. They had chemistry that zinged!
- Simon & Baz from Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - I could not put this book down. I started reading it late the day I bought it and got too hooked - I read until 3am to finish it, even though I had to be up early that day. Who needs sleep when squeeing over Simon and Baz, right?
- Safiya & Iseult from Truthwitch by Susan Dennard - I only read Truthwitch last month but the friendship between Safi and Iseult has quickly become a favourite. Their banter, the support and loyalty between them, it's so great. I've read so many books where the romantic relationship is the main storyline and a female friendship is secondary, but not so with Truthwitch.
So there you have it. My 5 Favourites and another challenge done and dusted. If you're participating in the Read-a-Thon and have created a 5 Favourites list, please share! What are some of your favourite couples or friendships?