Top Ten Bookworm Delights
- New books - Is there anything better than new books? That excitement of first hearing about a book you want to read, the anticipation (and yeah, impatience) of waiting for it to be published. And then release day and buying that brand new book! Woo!
- Gorgeous covers - I think all bookworms are guilty of judging a book by its cover at some time or another. Sometimes it's right and sometimes it's not. But those covers that are just stunning and you want to pet them forever, how I love them! They make my shelves look all the better.
- Author signings - I'm a big fan of conventions, of meeting celebrities, and authors are some of my fave. I love any opportunity to have my books signed and to chat with authors.
- Reading that perfect quote - You know what I mean. That sentence or paragraph, that description or statement that forces you to just stop and appreciate it. Maybe it's beautiful or inspiring, maybe it's proof that someone else out there gets it.
- Book clubs/Talking about books - I attend a monthly YA book club and it is one of the highlights of my month, I swear. Is there anything more fun that discussing books? Is there? This is why I blog, why I'm on Goodreads and in a number of online book clubs too - because I love gushing about books and meeting others who feel the same way.
- Someone loving the book you recommended - For a long while there the only people who read the same books I do were online. Which is fine, I love when someone reads a review I've written and goes on to read the book. What an awesome feeling! But lately I've had friends join book club with me and start to read more YA, so I find myself making recommendations, even lending out my books (I know where they live) and when they love a book I've recommended it makes me so happy! It's not always the case, but even when they don't love it too, it's so great that they gave it a chance.
- Seeing strangers reading your favourite book(s) - I know we all appreciate this. Anytime I see someone reading a book I love I can't help but hope we make eye contact so I can at least give them a bit of a smile and nod. Sometimes we may even chat about the books. There's a meme I see that says something along the lines of seeing someone reading a book you love is like a book recommending a person, and how true is that?
- Book boyfriends/girlfriends - Falling in love with a fictional characters is definitely a thing...and I love it.
- Bookish themed goodies - T-shirts, pillows, bags, phone cases, mugs, jewellery, art - you name it and it's out there. If I ever win the lottery, a good sum of money will be used to buy all the things covered in my favourite quotes or related to my fave books. My library won't just be full of books.
- Movie/TV adaptations - Okay, okay, I know not everyone will agree with this. And I get it. Book to movie/TV adaptations are not always perfect, that's for sure. But I love TV and films as much as books and sometimes they're pretty good, so I do delight in seeing who's cast as which characters and seeing moments come to life on screen. It's fun. Plus, I think sometimes a film or television adaptation makes new fans of the books and that's certainly worth it.
What do you think delights bookworms? Do you agree or disagree with any here? Please share your Top Ten posts with me so I can have a look at your lists!