Top Ten Historical and Futuristic Favourites
So this week's topic had multiple topic choices all about the past and the future, so I've decided to split mine to incorporate a little of both.
Top Five Favourite Historical Settings
- Regency London - I've always had a thing about this Era. I was hugely into romances set in this time period as a teenager. Gowns, balls, the Ton, swoony Dukes and Lords. Nowadays, I also like the more realistic look at the oppression of females during this period and to read stories of their fight for freedom.
- WWII Europe - I find fiction set in this time really emotional.
- Ancient Civilizations - Greece, Rome, Egypt, for example. Ancient History was always a favourite subject of mine in school. I like stories set in this time as they feel sort of other-worldly.
- 1920s USA - Gangsters, flappers, prohibition, oh my!
- Old West - This is my parent's influence. This period is just so iconic.
Top Five Favourite Things about Futuristic Fiction
- Space Travel - I think this is the ultimate thing about futuristic fiction, yes? Traveling the stars, exploring new planets, meeting aliens - what's not to love?
- Dystopian/Post Apocalyptic Future - These stories are usually action packed but also full of lessons that I sometimes find hard hitting.
- Everyday Technological Advances - This one is mostly fun. I mean things like flying cars, advanced computers, all sorts of things that upgrade the everyday stuff.
- Robots - Who doesn't love robots and AI, right?
- Clones - These type of stories can be interesting and creepy!
What is it about historical or futuristic fiction that you like?