Top Ten Resolutions I Have For 2016
I'm not very good at keeping my New Year's Resolutions, but here's hoping sharing will keep me on track! I'll keep my fingers crossed!
- Read at least 150 books - I'd love to aim much higher, but I'm also trying to be realistic.
- Get through a large chunk of my TBR mountain - I have bought way too many books and just left them sitting on my shelves over the years. I need to start from the oldest and get them read!
- Complete reading challenges I sign up for - technically connected to the above two. I find I sigh up for challenges and then just let them peter out. Not this year!
- Don't get behind on reading and reviewing ARCs - One I'm already failing as I have ARCs from last year still to read and review, but I have to begin prioritising these.
- Organise blog posts in advance, especially reviews - I'm always scrambling to get my posts up, I need to spend some time getting way ahead and scheduling posts so that I'm much more organised.
- Complete the many series' I have begun reading - So many series' that I've read the first book of and that's it, though the series has come to an end! 2016 is the year of the unfinished complete series...that makes sense, right?
- Use social media, like Twitter, Goodreads and Instagram, more often & more effectively - I suck at using social media, most especially Twitter. Definitely have to work on that!
- Get healthy - I think this is a pretty broad and common resolution, but it is an important one for me. My disability means exercise is that much more of a struggle but it's something I need to work hard at, while also maintaining a healthy diet for my diabetes. It's so easy to give in. I just love food and lazying about too much!
- Plan my next holiday in advance - I always seem to plan whirlwind overseas trips, that while awesome, I always come home wishing I'd made time for this or that. I was hoping to visit Japan in March this year, but due to family reasons, it looks like it'll be postponed until next year. So now I have the time to plan and book it all properly, right? Or maybe I'll look into visiting New Zealand later this year...
- Save money - again, a common resolution, but one I need to achieve, period. I'm terrible with money. I see something I like, I buy it. I need to learn to curb the spending because a) I have too much stuff, and b) I want to go on overseas vacations!
Here's to 2016 being a fantastic and successful year! What resolutions have you made?