Top Ten Books I Want Represented by Tattoos
- Harry Potter - The Deathly Hallows symbol and the deer with 'Always'. Even more so now that Alan Rickman has passed.
- The Day After Forever - I always think of the jetty or the poetry from this book. And stars.
- Just Listen - The first Sarah Dessen book I read. Maybe musical notes?
- Nicholas Sparks - Not exactly a book! I adore his books, but thinking of a tattoo to represent them is hard. I don't really have a particular favourite. If I did I could go from there. A bottle for A Message in a Bottle? Birds or a notebook for The Notebook? A candle for Bend in the Road? The list could go on.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone - A feather or wishbone, I think.
- Magonia - I love the birds flying out of the feather on the cover.
- Shiver - My introduction to Maggie Stiefvater! Maybe the heart shaped leaves?
- The Night Circus - I could become the tattooed lady of the circus with the amount of images that could represent this book.
- Lord of the Rings - I'd probably go for Arwen's Evenstar. Or Legolas. No, not really. I think. Besides, that would be more movie based anyways!
- The Agency - I quite like the symbol on the spine. It has the A, a question mark, and the silhouette of Mary.
Of course, there's also quotes from any of the above that work as lovely tattoos. The reason I chose this as my freebie topic this week is because I'm actually getting a bookish tattoo in a couple of weeks, and a few above will be represented. I couldn't resist!
What books would you consider getting a tattoo from?