A Freebie! So I decided to do a Top Ten I missed from previous years...
Top Ten Characters I'd Name My Children After
Because they rule:
- Aza Ray from Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
- Sebastian from Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson
- Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- Lucien from A Court of Thorns & Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Cas from Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Because I simply love their name:
- Aoife from The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
- Arwen from Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
- Draco or Severus from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (I like the nickname "Sev")
- Auden from Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen
- Landon from A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
It appears maybe I have a thing for names beginning with "A" or ending with that "N" sound. I also adore the name "Kahlan" which is from Terry Goodkind's The Sword of Truth series, but as I've only seen bits of the TV show I didn't include it in the list. I love "Bennett" too, which I suppose I could've included as a twist from Pride & Prejudice. Plus, I'm currently reading Dumplin' by Julie Murphy and "Willowdean" is growing on me.
Which character names do you love?