The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon is a go! Throughout the week there will be daily challenges and chances to win some great giveaways. Day One's challenge is hosted by Leann @ Between Library Shelves.
It's time to set off on some Fictional World Travel!
The idea is to select 3 to 6 books that are set in countries other than your own. They can represent present day countries or be alternate versions, like dystopian or set in the future, for example, or historical versions. Display your picks in a creative way and share them over at Between Library Shelves.
My Fictional World Travel!
I'm in Australia, so my challenge was to pick books set elsewhere:
- Prague, Czech Republic and Morocco, Africa via Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone
- United States of America via Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Historical Italy via Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren
- Alternate Russia via Claudia Gray's A Thousand Pieces of You
- Paris, France via Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
- Historical London, England via Y.S. Lee's A Spy in the House
As you can see, I'm packed and have my passport and camera ready! So let's travel! I picked these books not just because they're set in these countries but because their setting is an amazing and lush part of the book. Part of my enjoyment of these books was how their authors described these countries.
I hope you enjoy this little trip. It was fun for me! Many thanks to Leann for the awesome challenge. There's still time to sign up for the Read-a-Thon, so don't miss out.
Now I'm off to continue reading...