Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they have a specific topic for a top ten list. Link up, visit some new blogs and add to your ever growing TBR list. This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I'd Play Hooky With
It's been a while since I've done one of these, and this one really caught me! Below is a mix, in no particular order, of titles that you should play hooky to read, that I have played hooky to read, and that I will play hooky to read!
1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - I played hooky to read pretty much every single one of these books. I started the first book right when I had a bunch of essays for Uni due...I never thought I'd truly love it, and so started it just to take a break. Well, I read it in one sitting, immediately bought the next three...and proceeded to hand in two of my essays late. I even read Goblet of Fire during the lecture where I was meant to be handing in one of those essays! So bad. To purchase and read the next 3 books I actually took days off work. Harry Potter? Total hooky material!
2. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - I was doing a library shift for 3 hours one Saturday morning and my coworker gave me this early on, telling me I had to read it. I started it, just to see what it was like...and proceeded to keep reading through my whole shift! Thankfully it was a really, really quiet morning!
3. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver - There's a very good chance I'm about to play hooky with this one. I have an essay due next week and I'm trying to be good and finish it before I start reading this...I have a feeling I'm going to fail. It doesn't help that I'm attending Lauren Oliver's signing in Brisbane on Friday either!
4. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - Definitely one to read while playing hooky. You need the time to get lost in it...plus to cry freely without having to worry about what you'll like after!
5. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - I started reading this one as soon as it arrived in the mail and didn't stop until I'd finished...ignoring everything else that needed to be done.
6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - My love for this book is beyond words. If you haven't read it yet, take a day and do so!
7. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor - The sequel to the above book, I'm so desperate for this one that as soon as I have my hands on it I'll be shutting the whole world out to read it!
8. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake - Ditto with this one, the sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood! I must know where Cas and Anna go from that ending!!
9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Like with Harry Potter, this one counts the whole series...play hooky for a few days, k?
10. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead - I got a little stumped for a final title, and then I remembered that I keep promising to finish this series and haven't yet...I need to play hooky and do so!
Would you play hooky to read any of these books? What other titles would you do so for?