Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they have a specific topic for a top ten list. Link up, visit some new blogs and add to your ever growing TBR list. This week's topic is:
Top Ten Authors I Want At My Dinner Party
Seeing as we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia, I'm going with a standard dinner party! Not that it makes much of a difference, really!
1. J.K. Rowling - Of course! Author of my favourite series, Ms. Rowling is a must! There's just so much more to the Harry Potter world stuck in her brain...I'd love the chance to pick it!
2. Maggie Stiefvater - Maggie is hilarious and writes so beautifully! Plus she's musically gifted! She'd definitely be the life of the party!
3. Nicholas Sparks - Another of my all time favourites, it wouldn't be the same without him!
4. John Marsden - My favourite author throughout high school, he wrote the much loved Tomorrow, When the War Began series. His books were pretty much the only YA I read for a while.
5. Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games is just so huge and awesome, I'd love the chance to chat with her.
6. Stephanie Perkins - I think I want to be this woman! Too put it plainly, she's just really, really cool.
7. Sarah Dessen - Her books also got me back into YA - especially contemp YA - a few years ago. I love them all...and she's just so nice! I'd love any chance to meet her.
8. Tahereh Mafi - I only just read Shatter Me...and wow! Anyone who can write like that has to be at my imaginary dinner party! I'm curious to hear her talk...which isn't weird at all.
9. Jane Austen - Pretty much because she's Jane. Austen.
10. Joss Whedon - Maybe he doesn't quite meet the 'author' tag...but no imaginary dinner party would be complete without this man. I could never actually talk to him because I'd be absolutely intimidated by his sheer genius...but what I wouldn't give to try!
11. William Shakespeare - I know, I'm going over the set number, but come on! He has to be on this list...and I couldn't bring myself to cut any others!
Actually, I think I could go on, but those there are my absolute must haves! Who would you invite?