Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started over at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they have a specific topic for a top ten list. Link up, visit some new blogs and add to your ever growing TBR list. This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books Gathering Dust on my Shelf
This list could go into the hundreds, I'm so sad to say. There's just never enough time and always another book!
1. City of Bone by Cassandra Clare - I still haven't read this series, despite owning them all. I don't even know why...I guess I'm just worried my expectations will be too high?
2. Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma - I received this as part of a book gift exchange, and I so desperately wanted to read it. I think it's just that there's always another book, you know?
3. Graceling by Kristin Cashore - Pretty much the same as Imaginary Girls. Whyyyyy haven't I read it yet?!
4. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White - It kills me that I still haven't read this, even after I got desperate to do so all over again when Supernaturally was released! I need more time, yes I do.
5. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead - So. I have a bit of a strained relationship with the Vampire Academy series. I was seriously spoilt about everything. And I mean, everything. While I still went on to read the first three books, and enjoy them, it's taken me forever. I mean months between every book. But it's been a lot longer since I've picked this one up. I do want to finish the series though...one of these days.
6. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff - Like others listed here, I couldn't wait to read this book. Then it came out in Australia with a cover I didn't love, so I ordered it online and eagerly awaited it's arrival...only to have it sit on my shelf since. Urgh. I can feel it glaring at me...
7. Chime by Franny Billingsley - I still love the sounds of this one! I need to lock myself in my room and just read forever!
8. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld - I bought this so long ago, just getting into the idea of Steampunk, but alas, it's still gathering dust.
9. The Host by Stephenie Meyer - I've heard pretty good things about this one, and I've owned it for ages. But I think I got overloaded on everything Twilight and this one's paid the price. I must read it soon though, as I hear they're about to film to movie version.
10. Rampant by Diana Peterfreund - Killer. Unicorns. That's just awesome...but still it's remained on my shelves.
Do you suffer the same sort of problem? Are there books on your shelves you want to read but just haven't gotten around to yet, for whatever reason?